Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday Morning Garage Sales



In the midst of renovating, unpacking and getting settled into my new place, I realized I have lots of floor space, but very few decorative carpets and while I absolutely love the look of hardwood flooring, there is nothing more comforting then seeing a few beautiful wool rugs adorning a room. Mum and I did our usual garage sale hunt this morning, and stumbled across this beautiful shabby chic, Rachel Ashwell-inspired rug, adorned with pink flowers. I think it will look gorgeous underneath my IKEA white dining room set.


I also couldn't resist picking up these two beautiful queenly wire and brass crowns, and a small antique cup which will look perfect filled with a few cosmos or daisies and placed on my bathroom vanity.
Now, I am off to read Rachel Ashwell's book "The Gift of Giving" and be inspired!

5 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

What great finds at the garage sales. Love the rug
Alison

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Kate,

I love what you bought at the Garage sales.
The rug will be great on a cold day and the little crowns are great

Hugs
Carolyn

Pam Aries said...

Yay you are back..looks like you have your hands full..but it's gonna be fun decorating! You have excellent taste..can't wait to see.

SLR said...

love the crowns and rug...love rachel ashwell!
-Stacey
A Sort Of Fairy Tale
http://asortoffairytale.blogspot.com

Nishant said...

What great finds at the garage sales. Love Work from home India